Friday, October 10, 2008

Progress

Just a short note, I hit a milestone today, which is one week post-surgery: I got the two drains which were draining my wounds taken out from under my arms. I visited with the plastic surgeon who, after looking over the numbers we have been dilligently recording on the output, and he proclaimed that they were ready to come out...yeah...this will make showering much easier :)

Two trips to SLC in two days has been a little taxing, so I will look forward to staying home for the next couple of days at least :) I still love seeing dear friends and family though, so if you are in the neighborhood, please feel free to stop on by.

The next bit of news will come on Thursday after the cancer board meets to determine, based on my final path report, the best course of treatment (I am going to try to weasel out of any radiation suggestions...though I will aquiesce if they really push) at which time I will be setting up appointments with oncologists.

All my love to you all, the prayers and good thoughts and positive energy are really working! I feel very upbeat, and am grateful that the path report was what it was, as it could have been SO much worse. Love, gf

2 comments:

Greg said...

Gretchen,

Great news on the removal of the drains! Enjoy a relaxing weekend and stay upbeat! Your courage inspires all of us.

Greg (Sam, Haley & Ashton)

Barb said...

Gretchen,

Thinking of you often and praying for the best course of action for you and your doctors. Great news about the drains being removed. You are in the constant forefront of my thoughts. All the best to you and your family. Much Love, Barb