Thursday, October 16, 2008

Postponed

I got a call from the Dr's office today with some dissapointing news...the cancer board decided not to meet today because there are so many of them out on vacation...it is fall break time around here for schools, so that may be the reason. Anyway, that means information on a treatment plan will be delayed for another week. Though this is somewhat annoying, it doesn't affect my schedule, as they would wait the 3-4 weeks post surgery anyway until I am healed up enough to start treatment. I did ask if I could request Dr. Sondra Buys as my oncologist, and she said that it would be no problem. So that is some nice news...she has been recommended to me by a handful of people as a wonderful dr. I will keep you all posted as I know. Today bodes well as another good day. Thanks to you all for your wonderful prayers and good thoughts. Love to you all. gf

4 comments:

Miriam Latour said...

I'm sorry Gretch. I know how waiting for this news must cause you a lot of anxiety. *hug*

SeHo said...

Jen says Sondra Buys is an Awesome doc!

Denny & Francine said...

Dear Gretchen,
Thanks to you and your Mom for keeping us posted. We can see where your good humor and great positive attitude comes from. We love you and are praying for you all the time. Take care.
Love, Denny & Francine

Matt said...

Just a note to say, Summer and I went to the homestead for dinner tonight--it was such a blessing and a wonderful lifting experience. It's worth a visit for anyone looking for an example of true faith and courage. Gretchen is wonderful--she's in good spirits, she's brave and fighting, and so kind and meekly strong! And, so nice to see her in the good care of wonderful parents--it was Heaven on Earth for us to be there today, and we said a prayer of thanks for the privilege it was to be with them. All our love always, M & S