Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Home and feeling good!

Dearest friends and family,
It has been so heartening to read your kind and dear comments, receive your lovely gifts and cards, and hear your loving voices on the phone. I can't tell you how much your communication to me has meant, and how far it goes in progressing my healing!

I have just woken up for my second day at home, and all is going well. I am thankful for pain drugs and a mother who is always available--even in the early morning to adminster them to me :) I am walking around without much trouble, and have been able to shower, all of which make life nice. They said that I should be feeling pretty well in 2-3 weeks, and at this rate, I would concur with the professionals.

As for what's next...I have an apt. with the plastic surgeon on Friday, as he is the one who is caring for the immediate healing, and will continue to meet with him as we progress down the reconstruction path. The remaining potentially scary bit of news that we are awaiting is the final pathology report, which we hope to get towards the end of the week. This will determine the stage that the cancer was at and consequently which treatments we need to do next. My dearest hope and prayer at this point is that there are no metastasis anywhere in my body, and that the cancer only made it to the lymph nodes, which they have already removed. If you would like to be specific in your prayers, I would love some help with this request. I will let you know as soon as I know what the outcome is.

I have loved your visits and calls, I am sleeping sometimes during the day, but am up and about on walks around the house, and today will venture beyond the backyard. If any of you would like to come and walk about with me, you are more than welcome. My mother and Alan continue to care for me here in their lovely home, and I said a sad goodbye to my dad who is headed home to MI this morning, what a blessing to have had him here throughout the diagnosis, waiting, and surgery phases.

I can't emphasize enough how you have all lifted and supported me...I have felt a strength that I know is from your petitioning to God on my behalf...He has heard your prayers and is answering them every minute. A mere thank you is so inadequate, but it is all I can say to you, please know that it is said with every heart-felt muscle I have. I love you all! gf

2 comments:

Chuck Berrett said...

This explains why I haven't seen you at work mixing fruit and yogurt for breakfast. I just found out where you have been. My sincere prayers are with you as you go through this Gethsemane. May you find strength in Him who has been there. Thanks for letting us know how you are doing through this blog. Chuck.

Michael Burrow said...

Shellie and I have been keeping up and posted by e-mails from your mom and my mom. Haven't said much to you but never the less you have been in our thoughts and prayers. We've been keeping our family updated as we receive news. It is so good to hear from you! We will continue to pray for you. We love you and will talk again later. Mike