Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Good News!

Just a quick report on the dr. visit yesterday, the path report came back negative, meaning that there wasn't any more tumor cells in the tissue they took...sad to have had it verified by surgery, but better safe than sorry. Also, I got the drain removed---Yeah!



I am now officially moving on to phase II, chemo. I meet with my oncologist for the first time on the 20th and will get the low-down on the treatment plan. An oncology nurse we talked with yesterday said that it may be possible that the dr. will put me on an every-other-week treatment plan for the treatments, which would shorten the duration, which would be nice. She also confirmed that I will get the type of drug which will make me loose my hair. A bit of good news though, she said that it is not acceptable to them for patients to be vomiting or have nausea...a little queeziness they can live with, but that they have drugs to combat the really icky feelings...so I am hopeful that that will be the case.



Right now the biggest hurdle is getting the scar tissue to break up in my arm to prevent a frozen shoulder, which I have no need of :)




Much love and gratitude to you all. gf

10 comments:

Kiwimommy said...

Congratulations! That is wonderful, wonderful news.

Anna B. said...

Oh...I am thrilled for the news. Still wish I were there for you but will look for updates here.

Love you!

Anna

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Gretchen!! That is wonderful news! I'm so happy for you! Good Luck on the next phase. I'm sorry you will have to lose your hair. You should make a party of it and just shave it off! Invite family and a few close friends, have your favorite foods and drinks handy, and look at it as a celebration of working through the first phase and moving onto the second! (I'm especially glad they have medicine to help with the nausea!) Congrats, again!

Miriam Latour said...

So glad you are cell-free!

Good-bye glorious crown of hair. *sniff* I'm with ya... at least part way. 'Twill be losing my long locks tomorrow at 1:00 and lookin' rather buzzed in your honor. Hey. Winter is a good time for hats, yeah?

Huzzah for the Hair Balls and thar sexy skulls!

Good luck with phase II.

SeHo said...

keep up the good work! We can't wait to have you back in the office it is drab without you around.

Seth

SeHo said...

keep up the good work! We can't wait to have you back in the office it is drab without you around.

Seth

Mary said...

Yea!! About time for some good news coming your way. Fabulous!
I sure miss you.

Scott and Jen Driggs said...

Hi!

I stumbled across your blog on Jelaine's. I'm so happy to hear that you are on your way to getting through this!!! We are thinking of you and love you!!!

Anonymous said...

Gretchen,
I'm so glad to read the good news about the pathology report. Sorry to hear that your beautiful hair will go away...but that's not forever. Hang in there, eat lots of fresh fruits and veggies and keep hydrated.
Gene

Nainoa said...

Gretchen, We are praying for you every day and night. It's good to hear good news. We love you!

Tara, Noa and the boys