Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Three Down, Five to Go--and Good News

Good news! The treatment yesterday wasn't so bad, it has been akin to the 2nd one so far :) This means that I am feeling relatively well, and have a fair amount of energy, for which I am so grateful. I may feel a bit crudy over the next few days, but that isn't bad considering what it could be.

A couple of other pieces of good news--I got my genetic test results back on the BRCA1 and 2 genes, and it is NEGATIVE--YEAH!!! That means that my half-sisters don't have any undo genetic risk for breast cancer, at least from our father's side, and it means that I am not at a huge risk for ovarian cancer :)

The other good news is that my dad's wife, Marguerite had a very successful surgery to clamp off the aneurism in her brain. In the last three days, in particular the majority of the pain she was in during recovery has subsided, most likely due to the swelling going down, and she is now planning when she will start with PT, OT and another therapy, I believe it is speech therapy.

All in all, I think this is a great way to ring in the new year! I am ever thrilled and grateful for all your kindnesses and interest and faith exerted on my behalf. I wish you all a prosperous and happy New Year! Love, gf

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news, Gretchen, both for you and your dad's wife! Just what we need to start out the new year! It's been great to have you back at the office! Happy New Year!

Anna B. said...

Great news Gretchen! I am so happy for you. Happy New Year to you! I wish you the best.

Mary said...

Yahoo and happy New Year!!

Derek said...

Hi gorgeous - sounds like 2009 has started with a high, you deserve it. Have a wonderful week and thanks for taking the time to share your journey via this blog.
Love, derek

Scott and Jen Driggs said...

What wonderful news Gretchen! You have been in our thoughts and prayers...we love you!