Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Part II post chemo

Well!

Ol' Gretchie-Poo was up and cheerful early this ayem. She reported a mild headache, mild nausea, ate some cereal, took more drugs and back to bed she went. Hooray!

We'll be headed back to Huntsman later this ayem for an injection (just a sub-Q, really) to boost her white blood cells. THEN I'll head home and continue the march toward Christmas and its many projects that call out to me.

Before we leave I think we'll throw some lights on Gretchen's very-nice-smelling fresh Christmas tree in the corner of her living room and start the decorating.

This evening she and buddy Aaron will come to our house to catch up on the last three episodes of Amazing Race. Something we've had to put on hold because of Aaron's VERY lingering nasty cold.

If there are setbacks today, then of course we'll change gears. Flexibility is ALWAYS our middle name these days.

BTW, Gretchen is very concerned about her dad, David, in Grand Rapids, Michigan -- whom several of you know. His wife, Marguerite, of about a year, was diagnosed recently with a brain aneurysm. Aneurysms are always diagnosed AFTER they rupture and kill . . . during autopsy. This abnormality was discovered as a "red herring" (a surprise finding during tests for other things)-- she was having a brain scan for other, unrelated symptoms. Her surgery is scheduled for a few days before Christmas. Dave, after all, is a man. Aren't men supposed to FIX things?? Not sit hopelessly and helplessly by watching his wife having brain surgery and his eldest daughter with breast cancer. Gretchen is very concerned about him . . . we three wish them well and pray for both his and Marguerite's families.

Hey! Gretchie-Poo just popped up outta bed, came tripping down the stairs and is anxious to attack the day! Hooray!

Let's hear it for great drugs, many prayers, her peppy spirit and good vibes coming her way!

Love and Wednesday huggies to you all,
Lindy-Lou the Mom

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Last week I had a routine Mammo, well it's been 2 years, but I had quite a few surgeries and all of my mammo's came out fine, no probs so I figured another a 2 year gap would be fine.... They called me back, more images and possible Ultrasound needed, that was today..... 3 areas of concern, now biopsy needed....Panic!!!

I come home, I search, there is more info I need to feed my brain, these people don't know what they are talking about,.. I search, I search more.......

I meet Gretchen Fegel.... I pause, I grab a cup of tea, I ponder your plight, I am awestruck at your strength, your faith, your grace...... Thank you for reminding me that through His Strength and Love, we can endure ALL things.

I find calm....

Thank You for sharing, God Bless you and your Journey. I will with your permission love to follow along. You are in my prayers.

Bless You,

Stacey Swinson
University Place, WA

Kiwimommy said...

Love and huggies back. Glad to read that Gretchen is doing well. Sad to read about David's challenges.

Prayers for all. xo