Friday, January 16, 2009

Another Milestone Reached!

Great news...I have just passed the half-way point of Chemo, and from what I hear, the hardest part. I have finished with the A/C treatment, which included the dreaded "Red Devil" (Adriamycin) and Cytoxin combination. The red devil is what makes you loose your hair, and the Cytoxin is no fun either. However, those four doses are now over, and I am on my way to four more treatments with Taxol, which I understand are much easier to tolerate, though some people experience neuropathy (tingling or loss of sensation in fingers, toes, etc.)

Getting the last dose of the Red Devil:

How I really feel about it:













The drug requires the whole HAZMAT getup:







I am thrilled that I have been so blessed with a fairly smooth journey through chemo thus far...though I can definitly tell I am getting poisoned, and there are days which are worse than others, I really believe that the sustained faith and prayers and good thoughts of all of you are uplifting and healing and helping me through this process so well. I can't utter enough thanks for that lovely, on-going support.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Gretchen!! What a great milestone! Hopefully you'll be feeling better from here on out, and will be able to skip all that neuropathy stuff. So glad to hear of your progress. :)

Miriam Latour said...

Love you, Gretch! You look beautiful. Congrats on your half-way point.

superegobear said...

Gretchen you're so brave! I hope the rest of the treatments will be a piece of cake for you! LOve ya!

dhbean said...

Gretchen,
You absolutely amaze me! Who knew being bald could look so good?!!! I really hope the rest of your treatments are better. I just love you!
Holly